Army Showcase: World Eaters 8mm Horus Heresy






 While I chip away at my new Stargrave and Frostgrave crews I thought I’d take a look at some of the armies I have in my collection currently. 

First up are my 8mm World Eaters project that I created last year for a game called Centurion. All the armour for this project was 3D printed on an Anycubic Photon 4k while the infantry are metal minis from the most excellent Vanguard Miniatures 

The core of the force is built around 2 Land Raiders and 2 squads of Breachers. Probably Reavers would have suited the force more thematically but I’d already bought these intending to use them for a Deathguard army for netepic (which will feature in a future Army Showcase post)

The infantry is supported by a talon of 3 Leviathan Dreadnaughts and 2 small support squads with heavy weapons. These are probably my favourite miniatures in the army - the detail on both the Dreads and the marines is incredible. 



Filling up the heavy support slots are 2 Sicaren and a Fellblade. I scaled the Sicarens up as the original file felt a little to small. But in hindsight I may have gone a little too big. I’m not too bothered as they still look fine on the tabletop as long as they are not next to the landraiders…

The paint scheme for all the army was very simple to do - 

Light Grey basecoat

Zenithal white highlights 

Block in greys and blues

Mig Ammo streaking grime wash 

Clean up with thinners and a cotton bud

Light Drybrush with an off white 

All the basing was done using the Baccuss 6mm basing system which I think is an essential kit for this scale.

As for gaming plans, these were originally created for the aforementioned Centurion ruleset - myself and a gaming friend had been playtesting the rules. Since then they have been sitting pretty on the shelf. I have been tempted to paint a second Legion and try playing Horus Heresy 2.0 Age of Darkness, reducing the measurements from inches to cm. This would give me scope to field some truly huge heresy battles without the financial or painting outlay. The idea of roping some Adeptus Titanicus miniatures into play is very tempting indeed.

Some Assault Marines for a bit of choppy


Comments

Popular Posts