Why a blog?


 Why a blog? 

I’m a terrible wargamer. Not in the respect that I lose all my games (although that isn’t necessarily untrue) more that I don’t fit the demographic.


Huge armies collections, display models with 100s of hours of attention, intricate conversions, commission painter, 3D printing, game development, terrain boards, gaming club regular - yeah I’ve been someone that’s done all of these. 


And I have an overriding tendency to sell, give away, pick up or ditch minis, games systems and equipment on a whim. Call it lack of attention, easily influenced or some unknown cognitive disorder but I can’t keep hold of stuff. 


Don’t get me wrong I adore the hobby. Every aspect of it. But am I satisfied? I intend to be. After trawling through endless game systems and painting thousands of miniatures that are now sat in other people’s collections I’ve decided that I know what I like and I like what I know. So it’s time to just enjoy the hobby like I did in the early 90s - with childlike glee. 


This blog is dedicated to the games I love, the art I like to create and the development of myself into a happy wargamer. As much a tool for keeping myself on track as a record of personal achievement. Hopefully readers will enjoy the content but that’s your bonus. I just don’t care anymore. Enjoy 

Comments

Popular Posts